People Who Perform - The Real Estate Careers Podcast
Martin Moriarty | Retail Entertainment
November 20, 2021
Richard Costello connects with Martin Moriarty
Martin is a Senior Vice President Investments at Marcus and Millichap and is one of Vancouver’s top retail brokers specializing in leasing and investment sales. With previous experience as a commercial broker, appraiser and asset manager in London, England, Martin has an accomplished background and is known for delivering on high profile deals and has been a recipient of several industry awards over the years.
In this episode we discuss the following:
- Early years, why real estate and how the move to Canada come about.
- What drew Martin to specializing in retail and what keeps him engaged.
- Biggest career risk taken so far.
- Proudest career moment so far.
- More about Marcus & Millichap, what sets them apart and why did Martin decide to join the group.
- Breaking it down, what is commercial brokerage.
- What are some of the food/restaurant trends happening right now.
- With the demise of some major retailers, what are the successful brands doing to keep people coming through their doors.
- Martin’s favourite city for inspiration at work.
- What excites Martin about the future of Vancouver from a retail perspective.
- For anyone contemplating a career in real estate brokerage, what are some truths to know before diving in and advice for anyone looking to get ahead.