Beth Berry | Passion for Process
September 14, 2021
Richard Costello connects with Beth Berry.
Beth Berry is currently Vice President Industrial Development with Beedie and is responsible for the sales and marketing of new developments including build-to-suit projects and strata. This includes all due diligence for land and investment acquisitions, and client coordination through the development process.
Beth is a graduate of UBC’s Bachelor of Commerce program specializing in Real Estate and SFU's Executive MBA program. Beth is Past President of NAIOP’s Vancouver chapter and a Mentor with Beedie Luminaries.
In this episode we discuss the following:
- A typical week in the world of industrial development.
- Industrial market overview, challenges and opportunities looking ahead.
- What Beth enjoys about the industrial sector.
- Experience working for a family business that has experienced so much growth.
- Involvement in Beedie Luminaries.
- Beth's early years and influences.
- Motivation to pursue the EMBA.
- What are the important skills required to be a successful Development Manager.
- The unique considerations in industrial development.
- Proudest career moments.
- The future of the industry from a diversity and equity perspective.
- Advice for women starting out in the industry.
- Secret talents.