Philippe Bernier | Buildings Matter – A Conversation On CRE And Sustainability
April 09, 2021
James Ashley connects with Philippe Bernier.
With over 20 years of experience, alongside numerous contributions, publications and speaking engagements, Philippe is considered to be one of Canada's leading real estate innovators.
He currently serves as Vice President, Strategy, Operations & Sustainability at JLL Canada, where he plays a pivotal role in advancing their strategy, ensuring operational effectiveness and accelerating the companies market growth.
In this episode we discuss:
- Energy, carbon and sustainability
- Climate change in Canada and across the globe in 2021
- Why the environmental performance of buildings matters
- How we measure the impact on our physical assets
- The career path from Oil and Gas, to Manufacturing and the Real Estate industry
- The value of international studies
- Building a zero carbon home
- Practical energy-saving tips
- Framing our decisions and choices in real estate
- Advice for the next generation of sustainability leaders