Anthio Yuen | Big Picture Thinking
January 10, 2021
Richard Costello connects with Anthio Yuen.
Anthio is Director, Research Services and Strategy at GWL Realty Advisors, responsible for the organization’s market research and investment strategies across Canada.
Anthio has a Master’s Degree in Urban Planning and Development from the University of Toronto and an Undergraduate Degree in Urban Geography from Simon Fraser University. Anthio is actively involved in NAIOP Vancouver and is President elect for 2021.
In this episode we discuss the following:
- Why GWL Real Estate Advisors places such emphasis on research and data.
- A typical week in the role of Director of Research.
- Insight into Anthio’s early years and influences.
- Motivation behind his education choices.
- How the role of research differs in the brokerage environment compared to working for an institutional real estate group.
- Getting into the details of a recent study called ‘Office Demand in the New Economy: Looking Beyond Covid-19’. https://www.gwlrealtyadvisors.com/research_report/office-demand-in-the-new-economy-looking-beyond-covid-19/
- Stepping up to become NAIOP Vancouver President for 2021. The value of being apart of this community and expectations in the new role.
- The importance of finding a mentor (or three!).
- Creating a legacy and making an impact.
- Passions outside of work.
- Quick fire questions including this book – Decisive https://heathbrothers.com/books/decisive/