People Who Perform - The Real Estate Careers Podcast
Vera Liu | Not One To Miss Out
December 10, 2020
Richard Costello connects with Vera Liu
Vera is Director of Investments with KingSett Capital, responsible for sourcing, structuring, and negotiating the acquisition and disposition of real estate opportunities across Western Canada. Vera has over 10 years of real estate investment experience covering the full range of asset types from office, industrial, multi-family, hospitality, senior’s housing as well as development opportunities in many of the core markets throughout North America.
Vera holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia, specializing in Finance and Real Estate.
In this episode Vera discusses the following:
- Why real estate investments is an attractive career path to pursue.
- Top three requirements for any aspiring Investments Manager.
- How the role can differ between company’s.
- About KingSett and how the company culture gives the team the edge.
- What makes Vancouver such an appealing place for investment.
- How has this past year changed the way Vera views certain asset classes.
- Vera's experience navigating a predominantly male dominated area of the business and why women so underrepresented in real estate investments.
- Early advice that had a big impact.
- Role model growing up.
- Taking lessons from failure.
- Finding motivation and fire in the belly.
- Finding balance between work and play.
- Passions outside of work and five quick fire questions.