David Wan | Maximizing The Pacific Gateway: A Career In Sales And Marketing
November 22, 2020
Richard Costello connects with David Wan.
David is a residential sales and marketing leader with over three decades of experience and a broad portfolio of work in Vancouver, Toronto, Hong Kong and Singapore. A graduate of the British Columbia Institute of Technology’s marketing management program, David went on to become an instructor at BCIT later on in his career in which he taught real estate courses and mentored hundreds of students. David’s own personal and career journey is a fascinating one that is intrinsically linked to Vancouver’s relationship with Asia and has run parallel with the growth of high-rise condo development the city.
In this episode David touches on the following:
- The importance of sales and marketing in real estate development.
- Reasons why BCIT’s Marketing Management program is one of the most popular programs for aspiring real estate professionals in Vancouver.
- Career paths available to graduates of the program.
- Project sales and marketing, in-house or agency. What’s the difference?
- Most important skills to be successful in real estate sales.
- Why David moved to Hong Kong at a time when the trend was the opposite.
- Life and learnings in Asia.
- The importance of relationships.
- Vancouver’s changing skyline during the late 80’s and 90’s.
- Proudest accomplishment to date.
- Technology’s impact on sales and marketing.
- Three ways that technology will impact the future of condo living.
- Developers who are leading the way.
- Seeking the Tesla of real estate development.
- Quick fire questions.