People Who Perform - The Real Estate Careers Podcast
Myles Millard | Versatile By Design
August 30, 2020
Richard Costello connects with Myles Millard.
Myles is a Director with Hines in Toronto and is responsible for a wide variety of functions including acquisitions/dispositions, asset management, and development. Myles is the lead on the T3 Bayside development, which is comprised of two ten-storey mass timber office buildings in the Queens Quay area of Toronto.
In this episode, we hear about Myles’ story so far including:
- Why he chose to pursue real estate as a career and how he has picked his path.
- His experience in analyzing international investments.
- Honouring Gerald Hines and reflecting upon his incredible impact.
- What it’s like to work at Hines.
- T3 bayside project – it’s significance, what makes it so special and Myles’ role and responsibilities.
- The most enjoyable and challenging aspects of Myles’ job.
- Benefits of the CFA designation and recommendations on further education for real estate professionals.
- Advice for anyone starting out in the industry.
- Passions outside of the office.
- Quick fire questions – including book recommendations (Factfulness, Other People’s Money, The Fish That Ate the Whale)